Wednesday, January 10, 2007

"Irreplaceable"

So maybe I'm a little late with this, and maybe its beat is a little bit canned sounding, but I still love "Irreplaceable" and fully believe that, in 25 years, it will be the centerpiece of a 21st Century Masters: Beyonce Knowles compilation. (If albums still exist.)



1. It's the grown-up sequel to my first favorite Beyonce song, "Bills, Bills, Bills". He's still something of a freeloading jerk, and she still knows that she has to get rid of him, but things are more complicated, since she's an adult with adult feelings and all. And she's dressed better.

2. "To the left to the left" is both a narrative device (where's the box with all his stuff?) and an easy-to-learn dance move.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't know about that. In the annals of history, I think pop historians would be much more interested in exploring the -licious effect. Bootylicious and Fergilicious BOTH make the boys go loco.